XAT is an all India entrance exam conducted by the Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur. It has become the most popular entrance exam for management candidates after CAT and MAT. Every year, a large number of management aspirants take the XAT to get admission into XLRI or other good institutes where XAT scores are considered.
XAT is somehow different from other management entrance examinations as candidates are also expected to write an essay on a given topic besides the usual objective type questions. The essay is considered only for admission to XLRI, Jamshedpur.
XAT 2017 syllabus includes Quantitative Ability, General Knowledge, English Language, Logical Reasoning, Essay Writing and Decision Making.
|Decision Making & Analytical Reasoning||Verbal Ability|
|Decision Making||Para Jumble|
|Fill in the Blanks|
|Semi-Quantitative Topic||Critical Reasoning|
|Logical Completion of Idea|
|Essays & General Knowledge||Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation|
|Geography||Mensuration—2D and 3D|
|Literature||Heights & Distance|
|Nation and States||Data Interpretation- Web Diagram|
|Direction Sense & Time|
The number of questions in XAT 2017 will likely to be reduced from more than 100 to 78 while the time duration will remain the same.
Candidates can leave as many as 13 questions unattempted. Beyond this, 0.05 marks will be deducted for any unattempted answer. Furthermore, 0.25 marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
XAT 2017 Interview
Once the XAT 2017 result out, probably in the last week of January 2017, all the shortlisted candidates will be called for group discussion and personal interview based on their XAT 2017 scores.
How to apply
- Visit the official website of XAT 2017 and register yourself.
- Fill up all the information required in the online registration form.
- Once filling up all the details, you will have the preview of the inputs you have entered.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature.
- Make payment by using any of the three modes mentioned below:
- Online Payment
- Through VISA/Master Credit/Debit Cards
- (American Express Card is inadmissible)
- IDBI Net Banking (this option is available only for IDBI account holder)
- Cash Payment
Take a print out of XAT Pay-In-Slip and visit the nearest IDBI branch to make payment
- Demand Draft
- Make a DD made from any Bank in favour of “XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT” payable at Jamshedpur
- Send confirmation page and DD to The Chairperson Admission, XLRI, Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur- 831001 within fifteen days from the issuance of DD.
XAT/ Admission Office:
XLRI Xavier School of Management,
Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur 831001
Phone: 0657665 3203/ 04/ 05,
Toll-Free no: 180030020677
Fax: 06576653200/ 2227814
Website: www.xatonline.net.in / www.xlri.edu & www.xlri.ac.in