Mudra Institute of Communication (MICA), Ahmedabad conducts MICA Admission Test (MICAT) twice every year to provide admission for its Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Communications (PGDM-C) Programme . Around 180 seats are offered by the Institute.
All important information regarding admissions is provided below:
Important Dates and Schedule for MICAT 2017
|Registration Start Date||30th September 2016|
|Last date||27thNovember 2016|
|Admit card issue date||2ndDecember 2016|
|Registration Start Date||3rdJanuary 2017|
|Last date||31stJanuary 2017|
|Admit card issue date||6thFebruary 2017|
|Test Date||12thFebruary 2017|
The Results for MICAT 2 were declared on 22nd February 2017.For Group Exercise & Personal Interview (GE-PI) candidates were Shortlisted on 23rd February 2017.The final result of PI-GE will be declared on 31st March 2017.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR MICA ADMISSION TEST (MICAT) 2017
- Graduate from any recognized / statutory University or Institute .
- Final year students of Graduate Courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for academic year 2017-18 can also apply for exam.
- It is necessary for MICAT aspirants to hold a valid score either in CAT 2016, XAT 2017 and GMAT .
APPLICATION FEES FOR MICAT 2017
- The application form fee for the candidates is Rs 1965/-
Selection Process For MICAT 2017
The selection process involves 3 steps. The process is described below:
Step-I: Each candidate has to take at least one of the three exams: CAT 2016, XAT 2017 and GMAT (2015 onwards).
Step-II: MICA Admission Test (MICAT). All the candidates are assessed on MICAT which consists of 6 sections:
- Psychometric (P)
- Verbal ability (VA)
- Quantitative ability (QA)
- General awareness (GA)
- Divergent-Convergent Reasoning (DCR)
- Descriptive Test (DT).
Step-III: All the candidates shortlisted after MICAT shall appear for both GE & PI.
Preparation of Merit List:
All those candidates who appear in GE and PI and fulfill the following conditions will be considered for the merit list:
- Unanimous recommendation by all the panel members of PI.
- At least 3.5 or more on a 5 point scale in GE
- At least 4 or more on a 5 point scale in PI
For all those who meet the criteria , a composite score shall be created based on the following weightage:
- MICAT: 50%;
- GE: 18%;
- PI: 30%;
- CAT/XAT/GMAT: 2% (Scaled Scores will be used for MICAT).
Short listed candidates will be called for GE and PI at :
MICAT will be held at following centres :
- Kochi / Ernakulam
- Navi Mumbai
FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING MICAT 2017 , REFER TO OFFICIAL WEBSITE